Welcome to AWBlogs!
This is the BlogCentre for African Writing Magazine.
- Dear Storyteller, We Need New Folktales
- polytheistic nostalgia
- The Second-Best Reason for Our Lives
- 40 Years After; Chinua Achebe in the Global Imagination.
- An Open Letter to the President on the Death of Citizen Augustine
- An Obituary for Footwear
- Why Bola Flung her Daughter’s Novel through the Window
- Strictly No Standing (Pixels & Poetry)
- Okada for Donkeys (Pixels & Poetry)
- The Cattle ‘Express’ (Pixels & Poetry)
Tag CloudAfam Akeh An Email Affair bribecode Chika Unigwe chinua achebe Chumagination chuma nwokolo Corporate Corruption Act Corruption Diaries of a Dead African fiction Flash Flash fiction hargeisa international book fair Hargeysa International Book Fair Helon Habila HIBF inspirational Instalmental tales kenya lagos Literature Lola Shoneyin MaCharlie at Yahoo Maik Nwosu Michela Wrong Nigeria Ogaga Ifowodo Okey Ndibe Poetry Politics Remi Raji short stories short story Stephen Derwent Partington Storymoja Sudan Swaziland tales by instalment Terra Kulture The Final Testament of a Minor God The Ghost of Sani Abacha The Ransom Letters of Sisi Eko the secret diary of the witchdoctor's writer-in-residence travelogue
Posted on December 12, 2008 | No CommentsAll of which goes to show that you don't go around slagging off your subconscious without expecting a comeback. Fine. I'll go on record: he's the better writer. Perhaps now I can get either some sleep or a useful memory of a decent novel.