Welcome to AWBlogs!
This is the BlogCentre for African Writing Magazine.
- African Roar 2012 TOC and Cover release
- AfroSF: Science Fiction by African Writers: Table of Contents and Cover
- Collected thoughts, excerpts, poems, and insights (mainly from 2011)
- Call for submissions: a new SciFi anthology: AfroSF
- African Roar 2011: An annual anthology of African authors, First Release Now Out!
- How to succesfully irritate an editor
- Why writers need to learn when to shut the f**k up
- ReadSA goes to Pietermaritzburg
- A Must-Read African authors books list
- Seven effective habits of happily unsuccessful people
Tag CloudAfrican Roar 2011 african roar 2012 Anthology Ayodele Morocco-Clarke: Silent Night Bloody Night Chimdindu Mazi-Njoku Dambudzo Marechera Dango Mkandawire Emmanuel Iduma Emmanuel Sigauke Freddie "Saddam" Maake Hajira Amla Isaac Neequaye Ivor Hartmann Mbonisi P. Ncube Memory Chirere Murenga Joseph Chikowero NoViolet Bulawayo Remembering Marechera Ruzvidzo Stanley Mupfudza Soccer World Cup 2010 South Africa StoryTime Submissions Call Uche Peter Umez Vuvuzela Zukiswa Wanner
South Africa Archive
Posted on January 8, 2011 | 2 CommentsIt starts as a lone moan into the crisp winter air of a Johannesburg morning, but it is soon answered by another, and another, until the moans become a proud roar that encompasses the entire city. It was the 9th of June 2010 official Vuvuzela Day in South Africa, and at twelve p.m. everyone who owned one blew one, country-wide